Re: Species irises

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Ellen Gallagher wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Avocet International wrote:
> > The following species have all flowered for me and that almost all of them
> > have been grown from seed.  The success rate when one starts from seeds is
> > much higher than when starting from plants.
> >                 danfordiae
> 	I just read last night that I. danfordiae  did  not like cold
> 	winters and I was going to plant it inside in a pot....I like
> 	the color, shape, etc. Are your plants outside, perhaps in a
> 	rock garden?

I will have some more news next spring about how I danfordiae
likes winters cold or otherise. Let you know next spring and maybe
the spring of the next year. Actually, if Ian Efford reports that I
danfordiae grow for him in Ottawa, you can bet they like (or
tolerate) cold winters. Danfordiae start from bulbs which are
neither seeds or plants (?). Looking forward to next spring!

Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada