Re: QUEEN OF HEARTS

><An even worse grower in the East, QUEEN OF HEARTS always
>gets a number of votes too....I shall never know why these irises
>get these votes....Clarence Mahan in VA>
**
If I am remembering correctly, in Delaware this was an iris that
Betty Unruh could grow very well, and others who tried it, even
those just down the street, could not.  Most of the other ones
that were grown in more than one of those gardens seemed to
do close to the same, but occasionally we would get a puzzle
like this one.  I'm still real curious about what it is--seeing the
variable.
Jim Wilson, Oxford, OH   USDA Zone 6a    AIS garden judge, Region 6
growing medians, TBs, Siberians, JIs, and a few SPU and species
wilsonjh@muohio.edu