Re: Hardiness Testing

John I Jones wrote:

> While we are here, next year will be the first year that I will be
> making notes on what goes on in my iris garden. So what are the
> important things to note? My first cut.
>
> When it blooms
> Number of branches
> Number of buds
> Number of increases
> Percentage of increases that bloom
> How long the blooms last
> Quality of the flower
> Quality of the foliage
> Height
> Resistance to rot
> Unusual characteristics (like ridges on the leaves, stalks that fall
> over)
>
> I am sure that there are lots of things I forgot,********

Good for you John.  I encourage everyone to do this every year.  Using a
tape recorder helps or find someone who takes shorthand to follow you
around.....Kathyguest.....are you available.....   :-)

You are perfect for growing medians in a test or display garden.  That's
all they ask, except for growing a good sampling of medians and showing
your garden to the public.....go for it....
That goes for everyone else......as you can tell, I love to "Push"
medians.  I personally think they are the future and salvation of the
bearded iris.  TB's are history if trends continue.

Dennis