Re: Standards for Introduction

Hall_Gigi wrote:

> To win a garden award (voted on by the AIS judges) an Iris
> must do well in multiple gardens and be seen for multiple
> seasons by any judge casting a ballot for that Iris. **********
Question:  Should this be changed?  Should the Handbook be changed (now
is the time since it is being rewritten?)  I find it interesting how many
awards are handed out to those varieties that did so well in National
Convention gardens.  The system needs overhauling, esp. for TB's.  I know
it seems like I am picking on the TB's, BUT, if the TB's are the major
variety that sells every year....shouldn't they be the finest things we
can produce?  Just a thought!

Dennis