Re: Hardiness Testing

I have tried doing this 2 different ways.  One is with a form that gives
me space to grade a clump on all the items of interest on a scale of one
to ten.  This form has room for 3 different days worth of grading as a
clump changes dramatically as the bloom season progresses.  I printed
one of these for every iris in my beds and put them in a notebook that I
took with me when I went walkabout.  This works great and I have
excellent records up until the peak of TB bloom.  At which point I don't
have the hours it takes each day to evaluate every clump that has opened
that day. At this point I invariably revert to my mini recorder and
short verbal comments.  I verify identity on every clump at the same
time.  Then after spending hours in the garden recording all of this I
go in the house and transcribe this info to my master file.
	I am very interested in hearing how it goes for you trying it for the
first time next year.  I am a natural born record keeper and enjoy this
aspect of garden judging but think there must be an easier way.

--
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
17.76"