Evaluation Criteria

> Amy -- each increase produces next year's stalks, how many do you want next
> year? Do you want increases to make more rhizomes to sell?  Do you want
> the cultivar to clump up fast or slowly? Which "ideal" gardener are you?
> A commercial venture needing many for commerce or neat and tidy home
> gardener, or adventurous competitor of AIS shows??
> The answer to your question depends on what you want as an individual and
> your purposes for growing iris.

Just for some clarification:

As I understand it, you get one bloom stalk (sometimes with lots of
branches) per increase.

Not every increase will bloom the next season. (is there a general

Is clumping slowley or fast(ly) (grin) the same or different from the
rate a mother generates increases?

REMEMBER: Edit those subject lines
(to remind my self as well)

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com