Evaluation Criteria

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:
> Timing of growth initiation - or maybe foliage damaged the most by late
> freezes
> Cold tolerance of terminal fan - not sure exactly how to do this, other than
> to notice if it aborts
> Whether or not having dirt piled on top of the rhizome over winter helped
> keep terminal alive
> Stunting of flower stalks (relationship to cold and lack of rain)
> Sensitivity to drought and heat - ?dead foliage?
> Sensitivity to rain and heat - rot and foliage disease?
> This is Eyore's list - I need to do a Pollyanna list too -

Hmmmm, I guess that means Eyore was an analytic.

> Fragrance
> Number of blooms, duration of bloom on one stalk and one clump
> Color impact from a distance
> Complexity of color up close
> 'Happy sigh' effect on the grower
> Hmm - Eyore's list seems to have more to do with hardiness than Pollyanna's
> list.

Thanks, some good additions. Some things I didn't think about because
they are  not a problem here.

I will try to make some semblence of an organized list out of all inputs
and send it to whom ever wants it.
REMEMBER: Edit those Subject lines
(To remind myself as well)

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com