Do the R&I descriptions state hardiness of the iris? If not maybe they should.
Maybe a new standard should be added for the descriptions.  If the R&I starts to
use it maybe the catalogs would start.  If the hybridizer doesn't know if an
iris is hardy for a particular zone then maybe the iris shouldn't be introduced.
 I don't know anything about hybridizing, but if the AIS can get the hybridizers
to seriously think about what their introducing not just because it is pretty we
can get better irises.  I think this would help to bring irises into the future.
 But this is something that must be enforced by the AIS so that it can become a

suzette guay
region 4 - fsk
zone 7
baltimore, md.