Re: Proposed Experiment

Sharon McAllister described her Magnificent Obsession this way:

Pearl grey standards.  Apricot-buff falls.  Large, round, oxblood red signal.
**

I'm hoping to see it next to my stone path out there in the spring!!

Kathryn Mohr of Region 2, who lives on the other side of NY State, is also
growing arils. We are experimenting to see how arils and aril breds do up
here. So:

Sharon, what is the "worst" part of your winter like (someone else from
Tx said they were running around in a tee shirt, so maybe winter hasn't
been there -- yet -- I also hear there is a huge storm headed your way,
whatever that means to you) but I'm wondering if the worst part of your
winter is something like ours, only ours would be prolonged?????

	With that in mind, should I mulch these arils?  I don't mulch
the other beardeds, except with a layer of compost which was spread on
everything in October or so, just to keep the rhizome from being totally
exposed. I don't put leaves or anything on the bearded ones.

Thanks

Carolyn -- pearl grey standards, apricot buff falls, oxblood red signal
CAN'T WAIT

OH!! There is a bit of new growth on these, hope that's ok.

cms