Re: Seeds & Seedlings

At 10:27 PM 11/22/96 -0500, you wrote:
> ...Given the torture I put these poor plants through, my 'data' may not
have much relevancy to more normal growing conditions. : )  But I take notes!
>Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA

Linda, were these seeds dry or fresh from the pod when you planted them?

Anyone, I have a pod on BROTHER CARL (TB) still hanging on outside, despite
the mild frosts we've had.  My question (and ofcourse I have one) is what
will the pod look like when ripe?  It's still green and fairly plump with
pronounced ridges.  Should it turn brown, dry, and split prior to harvest?

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8