Vanderbilt irises

Kay
I did not receive the Iris-l Digest with your message about Hyde Park, but a
couple friends copied it and sent it to me.  I did receive this post:
<<These beds are being replanted according to a couple of
old photographs and a plan that sort of resembles them.<<

If you have any pictures of the irises in garden the thirties, HIPS has an
expert who does an uncanny job of identifying irises from pictures. He might
give us some information on possible identities.
He is swamped with ID work from HIPS members, but will probably enjoy an
opportunity to provide help to an Historic site, so I'll write him and ask.
For slides of thirties and before irises, I'll put you in contact with the
HIPS Slide Chair.
Kathryn Mohr
Proud grower of "those old things", HIPS member, NY