Re: Proposed Experiment

At 07:04 PM 11/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>I'd like to suggest crossing MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION (or any of my other
>>signal-bearing quarterbreds) onto pink-ground bicolors.   That's the color
>>pattern than has given me the highest percentage of signals in my crosses
>>for quarterbreds.  Sharon McAllister

>Will MAG. OBS. grow here in east Tennessee?  Come to think of it, will any
>pink-ground bicolor tall bearded iris grow here?  Pink iris in general don't
>do very well in our climate and soils.
>What does MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION look like?
>Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com USA

Sharon, for those of us who are real beginners could you identify an example
of a pink-ground bicolor TB?  Maybe pick some examples from the last
Schreiner's catalog if you have one.  I need help visualizing it.  Would
this be something with pink standards and slightly different pink falls, but
with some other color splashed or stitched on the standards or falls?

-Donald (tired from hauling horse manure all day)

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8