Re: Proposed Experiment

Hi Sharon:

I have always love the arilbreds for the round globular forms and large
signals.  If I had ever lived in an area where I could have grown them I
would  have bred for that beautiful form and signal in all colors.

<<  I have often been asked why the rules were changed so that 1/8-breds were
no longer considered arilbreds and have given the usual explanation about not
having enough aril  characteristics. >>

I would maintain the classic form and unusual colorations of the arilbred and
move it into the reblooming tall bearded iris for more bloom and the TB for
wider adaptability.  That would be something.  Forget the rules.  A beautiful
and easy to grow iris can stand on its own without some classification rule.
 The late Tom Craig was working in this field.

Robert Turley