Re: Life Cycle of a Mail List

> Community (lots of threads, some more relevant than others; lots of
>     information and advice is exchanged; experts help other experts as
>     well as less experienced colleagues; friendships develop; people tease
>     each other; newcomers are welcomed with generosity and patience;
>     everyone -- newbie and expert alike -- feels comfortable asking
>     questions, suggesting answers, and sharing opinions).
I know I am probably one of the chatterers that clutters up the mail
list but I also like a list at this level.  I am almost afraid to post
anything for fear of being blasted but will put my two cents worth in
because I don't want this list to become all chat or all techie.  I like
the idea of hanging over the back fence and discussing iris with a
friend and of by the way did you know, etc.  I thank Tom for leaving
this list a little more open.  Nuff said.

Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
of rain a year.  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an