Ripening Seed Pods

Donald Mosser asked:

:  Anyone, I have a pod on BROTHER CARL (TB) still hanging on outside, despite
:  the mild frosts we've had.  My question (and ofcourse I have one) is what
:  will the pod look like when ripe?  It's still green and fairly plump with
:  pronounced ridges.  Should it turn brown, dry, and split prior to harvest?

I don't know what effect frosts will have.  A spring pod pales from green
through beige to tan and usually splits  before it reaches the brown stage.

:   Has any
:   hybridizer ever thought of selling mature seed pods or seeds from known
:   crosses (especially if you have surplus that you can't grow out)?

I don't sell them, but do give them out as bonuses, on request, with any order.

Sharon McAllister (73372.1745@compuserve.com)