Re: Me - Questions - Questions

Hello Kay Cangemi --

	This is a wonderful project!!
(was that off topic??)

	**
Vanderbilt Historic Site in Hyde Park. (I also work for no pay at the
Roosevelt Library constructing databases - but that's not iris related)
Since we're putting in new beds that are largely irises,
	**
Region 2 of the AIS is hosting a Historic Iris Preservation convention
in the near (and getting nearer) future. Kathryn Mohr of this LIST is
a co-chair of that convention. Perhaps she's list-ening and can help you
out with pictures and catalogues. She is coming to Buffalo NY in December
to give a talk on the Convention and will bring slides.

Does anybody know of a good place to find color pictures of historic
(circa. 1920-1930's) TBs? This is the era we are trying to reconstruct at
Vanderbilt. We have a plan that simply says 'blue iris', and the people in
charge of buying the actual plants want to look at pictures so they can
design a pleasing mix of blue, purple and white.
**
	Kathryn is in the Albany area ....
***

What are the chances of getting somebody to ship TBs in the spring? The
beds were dug a few weeks ago, and a lot of people get nervous about having
empty beds when there are visitors around.

	**
Here's a suggestion:
	Perhaps there are people on this LIST with historic iris to DONATE
irises to this volunteer effort?????

Do they need to be named?? Does the restoration include the gardens and
grounds so that you MUST have (I think the regulations sort of state -as
much of the original material as possible at least on the structure, don't
know what garden restoration regulations are) MUST have named varieties???

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY