Re: American Iris Society

I made some negative comments about AIS and Ellen said
>	I have been a member of AIS for a short time - four years - and I
>	have found the opposite to be true in my dealings with the hierarchy.
>	On the contrary, with all my ignorance  re growing irises, I have
>	 had nothing but good results and lots of time and guidance have
>	 been given to me.

My point is that AIS isn't losing members because of your good experiences,
but because of something that isn't a good experience.  And celebrating the
good experiences doesn't fix the problems.

Lloyd said
< Too many iris introductions are not suitable for too much
of the nation.

Actually, this is the reason I joined AIS - searching for more information,
so I could figure out how to get introductions that would do well here.
 Definitely a problem, but would more widely adapted iris improve AIS as an

In other words, is the organization/management a problem or are the iris the
problem or maybe some of both?  Or is it something totally unrelated to
either (people no longer like irises - they have all gotten involved in dog
training, politics, and elder care instead)?

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA
doin' my best to stir up discussion