AIS Membership

Dennis Stoneburner wrote:
>What do we have to offer them to come back, or those who are left.  Many
>3 year memberships will be coming up for renewal, and guess what folks -
>they won't.

It's true this list gets off topic more often than not but I'm reconsidering my
membership not because of this list but because of my local iris group.  We have
no meetings. There is very little guidance on growing irises.  If it wasn't for
this list I would be very discouraged about growing irises.  I've learned more
from this list than I have learned from my local group.  I've tried volunteering
for different things but I guess no one needs any help.  I've generally have
gotten brushed aside at the luncheons and shows we have had, people are too busy
to bother.  Now when a youth member joins they gave them all kinds of
assistance.  I know I'm an adult and should be able to handle some of this stuff
but I also joined the society for the companionship and knowing there are other
people that have the same interests that I do.  It's hard to get to know people
if there are only 4 meetings a year (which are usually during the week when I
work, not all of us are retired.).

suzette guay