Re: Catalog Schedules/pictures

>Linda Mann asked:
>:  Don't they know we NEED those catalogs to get through the winter?  : )
Sharon McAllister replied
>But that's what OLD catalogs are for -- winter dreams & schemes.   My
>favorites are the Austin, Craig, and Muhlestein catalogs from the 50s & 60s.
>Great reading and they usually contain more information that anyone can
>to print today.

Right.  I suppose the Austin, Craig, and Muhlestein catalogs aren't available
other than among friends.

I wish some entrepreneur would put together and sell a photo catalog of newer
and best older eastern hybridized introductions.  For those of us who don't
or can't travel to see them in bloom.  The big color catalogs are so
dominated by west coast introductions.

>>  Who are the January eager growers?

>Those with an abundant supply, incredible optimism -- or both.

Sounds like California growers.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA