Re: Staying on Topic

It seems to me that staying on topic IS important to all of us who
are interested in learning and hearing more about iris.  I've learned
a lot in the not-too-many years associated with AIS, but there's
always more to learn.  And I'm learning it from the contributions of
all of you.  So basically, let's keep it to iris talk.
On the other hand, iris talk doesn't always have to be deadly serious
or technical.  Some of you, I know, qualify as experts in the iris
field, but your entries on this list aren't always above the rest of
us, and I enjoy sitting in, even if I can't contribute.
And sometimes the banter is fun, too.  I agree that there are times
when someone--I'm not exempting myself--may forget the nature of the
list and enter comments that are close to useless, unnecessary or
mere space-takers.  We need to control our impulses to chat.  But we
also need to be charitable when somebody forgets to do that.  I
thought everybody had a DELETE key, as I do.  When something doesn't
interest me, I use that key, and it really isn't very hard.
Can't we all try to use the list properly and work at reminding
ourselves that nobody is perfect, including the person behind my own
Having said that, just a response to Sharon McCallister:  I hope you
realize that all of us northern gardeners now hate you for reminding
us that your leaves are just starting to fall and that your bloom
season is just 4 months away! :-)

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa Zone 4