Re: is this book a good buy ?

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, sonya wrote:

> I have been offered a book called "Growing Iris" by Graeme Grosvenor & I am
> wondering is it worth the $30.00 they want for it ?

	I decided to `throw all caution to the winds' and post to the list
	on this question - delete guys if you choose.

	Sonya, I just purchased this book for $11.95 (American $) and thought
	it wasn't worth that, frankly. However, since you live in New Zealand
	and Grosvenor is an Australian, it might be worth your time to read
	it. He discusses his own gardens in detail...useless for me in the
	tundra of North America. Write to me off-post & we can talk.

	I like to talk about iris books and I think this *is* a subject
	pertinent to our iris-l and our hopefully, growing knowledge
	of the genus.

	Ellen Gallagher e_galla@moose.ncia.net
	Lancaster, New Hampshire, USA
	USDA Zone 3a - snow and snow and snow :-(