Re: Transporting Show Stalks

> Gus Seligmann's "secret" was a collection of wine boxes.  One stalk per bottle.
> Six bottles per case (filling only alternate compartments).  Lots of QUEENs
> arrived safely that way.

Not to mention in high style!  Only Dom Perignon for my stalks!  :-)

WRT the complaints about off-topic discussion:  in the winter in the
Northern Hemisphere we quickly run out of gardening related information
on other lists.  Though I can garden year-round in my zone, not everyone
can, and I get lots of posts about cuddling up with cocoa, a hot fire,
and the latest gardening catalog.  Any new comers should realize the
time of year -- perhaps we are getting more new folks because they
themselves have come in from the garden? ... and the fact that during
bloom season, which is like from March clear through to August for TBs
in the Northern Hemisphere, this place IS buzzing with on-topic posts.

Perhaps we could encourage our Southern hemiphere member(s) to post
more?  Or recruit more from that area of the world?

I have kept checking my fans for any sign of bloom -- no frost yet,
though we are coming up quickly on the average first freeze date of Nov.
30.  Exceptionally warm weather has kept my hibiscus in bloom, and the
roses, and the mandevilla, etc. but no sign of bloom, though nice big
green fans (not too large though).

Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
Jill O. *Trades