showing irises - cleanup

Since we are talking about transporting irises to shows, I was wondering about
cleaning up the irises for the show.  One of the shows I went to, someone
mentioned something about wiping off fingerprints.  But then someone else
mentioned that the iris can't look too cleaned up.  What's the judges view about
this? Do you clean or not clean?  Some people at the show spent a great deal of
time cleaning up their irises.  One lady just came in and stuck them in the
containers and put them on the show floor.  What do the judges look for?

suzette guay
zone 7 - region 4 fsk
baltimore, md