Re: AIS troubles

On Thu, 21 Nov 1996, Bill Shear wrote:

> For many members the Bulletin is the reason for joining up.  If it doesn't
> deliver the goods, then people will drop out.  The present trend needs to
> continue.  More on plants and less on personalities!  A good story on a
> famed hybridizer or grower every so often would be welcome, but up until
> the last issue for many years personality trivia filled each issue.

	I am pushing it with my 3rd post today - I also have dropped
	out of the posting mode until a debate I care about crops up.

	I agree with Bill that the Bulletin is the main reason I joined
	AIS - along with the sections. I live in an isolated rural area
	and in Zone 3 which guarantees I can never enter an iris show
	since the local clubs are two zones above me. There really
	isn't a local near me - have to drive at least 2 to 4 hours
	one-way to attend 1. show or 2. meetings (which are held on
	week-day nights, BTW).

	The Bulletin was filled with pix of people I didn't know and
	still don't but there was a lot of important growing info
	squeezed in there around the trivia. I wish we could have the
	pages of various gifts in a smaller typeface - what a waste of
	 print IMHO.

	Cheers,

	Ellen Gallagher
	e_galla@moose.ncia.net