Re: '96 Rebloom Roundup on the IRIS-L Immortality

Donald,  Lois Rose, one of our members, bought a small rhizome at a club
auction. It  bloomed for her just six weeks later, with a very respectable
bloom! However, I have to add that I mmortality did not rebloom for me at all
this year!  It is what some call "persnickity", working miracles in some
gardens, and doing poorly in a few others. Raymond G. Smith got it from me
way back when. After six years of poor luck with it, he gave all of it to his
sister-in-law, who also lives in Indiana. She got more bloom from it the
first fall, than all the previous six years. I would love to know what the
secret is!