Re: We need an editor Loss of membership in AIS

Dennis:  Greetings from a prematurely cold N.C.   My whipping post gets
called out again.  Too many iris introductions are not suitable for too much
of the nation.  I know the Pacific Coast section will have a restricted area,
etc. , but the bearded iris representatives should have higher tolerance to
many areas of the United States. AIS gave up Test Gardens, alas.  Now the
Conventions are about the only guide to hardiness. I hope to go to Dearborn.
An iris that will do well there should be fine for Region 4.  Schreiners
catalogue has had a reblooming collection  the past two years. The only one
that I could successfully grow and get to rebloom is IMMORTALITY.  I  fear
that many eastern gardeners will be disappointed.  However, I quickly hasten
to add that I was delighted to see the first bed of the Schreiner display
gardens at the Portland Convention  labelled REBLOOMERS.  THE VERY
ACKNOWLEDGMENT  of rebloomers was a big step forward. (The Reblooming iris
Society will send anyone requesting it, a list of rebloomers suitable to  an
inquirers location.  Forgive me, friends, if you have heard this from me too
many times already!  Lloyd Zurbrigg  Durham NC Zone 7.5