Re: We need an editor

R. Dennis Hager wrote:
> I'm a short timer on iris-l and I am forced to make a few observations
> about postings. I preface all that I say with a thank you to those who
> have provided great information in this forum.
> I wade through so many irrelevant postings
> Many of these postings were of interest to someone--usually one person.
> They could have been e-mailed directly to the intended recipient.

Chris comments:
Have to agree with this observation in general. I don't think we need an
editor but just a little more care PRIOR to sending an e-mail.

There really are a lot of "private type" e-mails that get posted to the
list. By "private type" I mean e-mails that are intended for only one
person or of relevence to possibly only one person. I realize that
sometimes it is by accident and thats okay. But there really have been
some irrelevencies lately that don't belong in the general discussion
focus of the group.

Please check the e-mail address that the mail you are writing is going
to BEFORE you send it. If it says: iris-l@rt66.com this means that all
300 or so members of the Iris List are going to receive this e-mail!!
If you want it to go only to one intended person CHANGE it to that
persons particular e-mail address and only they will receive your
Christopher Hollinshead
Mississauga, Ontario  Canada  zone6b
AIS Region 16
Director, Canadian Iris Society