Shows and transportation, etc.

Dorothy Fingerhood denies special treatment for iris she transports
to shows, but I'd like to know how she (or any of you) go about
packing stalks and transporting them so they will arrive safely.  Do
you have special containers?  Do you have a van, so they can stand up
straight in containers?  If not, how do you arrange them in a car so
they don't get damaged?  Since stalks are supposed to be cut long, or
at least normal growing length, how can you find enough room in a
car, esp. the size they are today, to move very many? etc., etc.
    Relative to that.  We have a fairly small number of members in
our club, and most of those don't have large gardens with a lot of
potential show specimens.  That has meant that those of us who have
large gardens feel compelled to bring lots of stalks.  I live 50
miles from the meeting and/or show site.  The car has space for a
limited number of stalks, plus what my wife takes for making her
arrangements.  That's a long way of leading up to several questions.
Do you take/try to take a large number of stalks?  If so, back to the
other questions:  how do you find the room to move and keep safe a
large number?  Or does your club limit the number of speciments each
person may enter?  How many people, average, exhibit?  Do you have
unlimited space or do you have to limit the number per indiv.?  How
big a show do you folks have, usually, that is, how many show stalks?
I think I had more questions along that line, but I've forgotten them
at least for the moment.
    This is a lot to chew on, but knowing some of these things could
be very helpful, and especially now, while we have time to plan for
our next shows.  Thanks for any input.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4