Staying on Topic

An unmoderated list like this will be what its participants make it.  No more.
No less.

If the majority want nothing more than a chat room, that's what it will become
-- I'll just overtax my DELETE key, and occasionally join in the banter.

If the majority are here to learn, we have the potential for a fabulous,
freewheeling, seminar.  When we were posting about more advanced topics, like
nomenclature and hybridizing, there were complaints that the discussion was
getting too technical -- beyond the interests of most people -- so we took a lot
of that off-list.
No loss to me.  I can get the information I need via e-mail.   But would our
lurkers rather "hear" Larry and me banter about the relative merits of winter &
spring or discuss how to recognize COLOR CARNIVAL on the show table?

I promise no segue into my professorial tones -- but the floor is open to

Sharon McAllister