Re: Cutting stalks to the ground

Mary!! K
When cutting a bloomstalk for a show, you cut it with a sharp knife as close
to the RHIZOME as possible... the only leafs you will include are those
attached to the bloomstalk, and you may have to discard one of those if it
won't fit in the container.**

And I misinterpreted your question a minute ago!! Golly gee whiz!! Sorry!!

In Western New York shows, the Queen of the Show has been won lately by
this list's own Dorothy Fingerhood who transports her iris many many many
miles..... with great care!! (under police escort and at 5 miles/hour, I hear.)

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY