Nothing Particular

Well, I don't have any thing particular to say, but am going to be out
of town for a couple of days and didn't want to miss the birthday
greetings for Joanne (who's birthday really is today.)
On 19 Nov  in -

1620, the Mayflower reaches Cape Cod and explores the coast (lands at
Plymouth on Dec. 26).

1850, The first life insurance policy issued to a woman was purchased on
this day by 36-year-old Carolyn Ingraham of Madison, New Jersey.

1863, President Lincoln delivered his Gettysburg Address as he dedicated
a national cemetery at the site of the Civil War battlefield in

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1957 - You Send Me - Sam Cooke

Born on JOANNE  PYSZCZEK's birthday in :

(Also happens to be ASHLEY JONES' (my daughter) 21st birthday today -

1917 - Indira (Priyadarshini) Gandhi,  Politician who served as prime
minister of India for three consecutive terms (1966-77) and a fourth
term (1980-84).

Happy Birthday Joanne.

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.