To Jefrie Jenkins (girl)

Hi Jefrie,
        Just want to welcome you to the list.  It is lots of fun and very
        I loved your note and want to share something with you.
        I have a little granddaughter named Jaques Lynn Sullivan.  We call
her Johnny.
Yes, spelled that way!  She is named after her grandma.  When my folks were
expecting me they called me Johnny because they were sure I would be a boy,
after I was born the name stuck.  Only my mother, my father, one aunt, and
my husband ever called me Johnny; so it became a word of love to me.  Over
the years I have wished many times that they had just named me Johnny.  I
love it.
        When my daughter was carrying her baby some of us were tossing
around some names  and I said, and I was just kidding,  "Why don't you name
her Johnny?"  My daughter looked thunderstruck for a moment, and said,
"That's it.  That's my little girl"s name."
I couldn't believe it but oh was I delighted.  Especially when she said, "I
like what happens to you Mom when you think of yourself as "Johnny."
        I hope your name is as full of love as our Johnnys and that it
serves you as well as it has me.
                                Thanks for sharing with me and letting me share,

Have a Happy Day!