Re: colour iris scanning & RHS colour chart

> Re: calibrating scanners. I have a La Cie and I don't know of any way to
> calibrate it. I may be way out to lunch on this but I don't remember
> coming across any mention of calibration when I was doing the research
> before buying my scanner. Then again that was four years ago. Most
> calibration talk I hear about is calibrating your monitor so that what
> you see is what the printer would give you. Some one will probably prove
> that I don't know what I am talking about. I will see if anyone I know
> has any thoughts on the matter.

It can be as simple as scanning a target card with reference colours on
it... down to hardware to calibrate the sucker, as well as calibrating
your monitor, your printer, etc.

> 1797, Eli Terry patents his clock that tells both "real time" and
> "apparent time."

What's the difference?

> 1966, 46,000 meteoroids fall over Arizona within a 20 minute time span.

How do they know this?  If *I* saw a meteor fall, I don't think I'd be
looking at my clock, especially not 46,000 of them...
Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
Jill O. *Trades
Mistress O. {}