>Thanks for the list and so much work.  Could I ask you to go a little
>further and tell me:
>        Are they Tall Beareded or what?
>        Which, if any, are rebloomers?
>               Thank you,

Hi Norma

I'm embarrassed to say I broke my own rule, which is to always remember NEVER
TO START IN THE MIDDLE.  What should have been contained in my post is that
the Payne Medal is the medal given to the best Japanese Irises as selected by
AIS judges.  So, therefore, this list represents all Japanese Irises.. and -
as Gigi will tell us - some of them MAY be rebloomers in some areas!

But... whether or not this is so, I would recommend Japanese Irises for
anyone who likes to expand their iris collection into something infinitely
exotic.. and tough as nails!

Kathyguest - who looooooves those Japanese Iris - and who is encouraging
folks to consider a subscription to the JI Review - 2 issues/year for $3.50 -
what a deal!