Beardless AIS Medal Winners

No slight intended toward you bearded iris lovers, but I just had to comment
on how beautiful all of the beardless 1996 AIS Medal winners looked when I
examined the centerfold of the latest AIS bulletin.  It's clear to me now
that I must expand my collection next year to include a few Spurias.  Does
CHOCOLATE FUDGE (Spuria) pictured in the bulletin have an unusual color
pattern as far as Spurias are concerned?  Those fine chocolate lines on
yellow falls look exquisite.

I planted two plants of SHAKER'S PRAYER (SIB) this fall and can't wait to
get some established clumps.  I thought I had PROFESSOR JIM (LA), but it
turns out I have PROFESSOR NEIL (LA).  Oh well, there's something else for
the wish list.

There was an iris named IDYLWILD by Joe Ghio listed as a (CA).  Does this
mean it's a Pacific Coast native iris or a California native hybrid or a
CAL-SIB hybrid or what?

By the way, has anyone received their fall ALMANAC, a.k.a. the newsletter
publication of the Society for Pacific Coast Native Iris?

-Donald (whose eyes are bigger than his garden)

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8