Re: colour iris scanning & RHS colour chart

Amy Rupp wrote:

> I've seen many a mention of this reference here, but I've browsed the
> web and couldn't come up with anything conclusive.  I'd like to purchase
> it, but don't know of a source.  I got a partial ISBN number from the
> Web: 11 490230 (but I am short two digits for a 'real' 10-digit number).
>
> Can anyone provide a source for this chart?
>
> Also, those of you who scan iris pictures in:  do you use any particular
> colour management system (CMS) such as AfgaTune, DayStar, etc. to
> calibrate your scanner?  Can you recommend one?
>
> Thanks,
> --
Amy,
RE: The Royal Horticultural Society Colour Chart

I know you can order the RHS colour chart from the RHS. According to
some info on the web I found:

The cost is about $35.00 US and it is believed Visa and Master Card are
accepted.
Send request and credit card information to:

RHS Enterprises
Wisley, Woking,
Surrey. GU23 6QB
England

You might also try www.amazon.com they have about 1 million titles
listed on line. I would also think the local library could give you the
complete ISBN number.

Re: calibrating scanners. I have a La Cie and I don't know of any way to
calibrate it. I may be way out to lunch on this but I don't remember
coming across any mention of calibration when I was doing the research
before buying my scanner. Then again that was four years ago. Most
calibration talk I hear about is calibrating your monitor so that what
you see is what the printer would give you. Some one will probably prove
that I don't know what I am talking about. I will see if anyone I know
has any thoughts on the matter.

--
On 17 Nov  in -
1797, Eli Terry patents his clock that tells both "real time" and

1851, the first postage stamps depicting the American eagle was issued.

1966, 46,000 meteoroids fall over Arizona within a 20 minute time span.

1967, Surveyor 6 lifts off the moon's surface and lands a few feet away,
becoming the first spacecraft to lift off the moon. It then takes
pictures of its original landing site.

---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.