Re: '96 Rebloom Roundup on the IRIS-L

Nell,

Great job on keeping track of all of the rebloomers!  Please add DARK
CRYSTAL (SDB) and BROTHER CARL (TB) to the list for South Carolina.

Current rebloomers (or in bud) for me are: HARVEST OF MEMORIES, BILLIONAIRE,
TEA LEAVES, DARK CRYSTAL,  and a "no-name" Louisiana iris.

I have heard many members of the IRIS-L with descriptions of IMMORTALITY
being caught by frost.  I have healthy fans of IMMORTALITY which I planted
with my other bearded irises in early to mid-July of this year.  However, I
haven't noticed any sign of bloom on this renowned rebloomer.  Is
IMMORTALITY considered a late rebloomer in USDA Zone 8 or does it just need
more time to become established than others?

-Donald Mosser (I'm still hoping for rebloomers at Christmas.)

Donald Mosser
dmosser@southconn.com
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8