Tropical irids

In the recent comment that I made about irises in Australia, I forgot to add
one reference that people might find very useful.  This is a short book
entitled "Bulbs for All Climates" which is produced by the Australian
Women's Weekly Garden Series.  It is an excellent short summary of the bulbs
that will grow in Australia (forget the all seasons bit!) with excellent
photographs of many of the tropical irises that can be grown in the warmer
parts of NAm and Europe.  Most of them are Middle East or African in origin.
It contains growing hints, etc.  Despite its origin, I found piles of them
on sale at Price Club/CostCo for about $6 Can, which is less than $5US.  It
is an excellent buy for a 128 page booklet and would be excellent for Hawaii.

Ian E. Efford
avocet@worldlink.ca
Ottawa zone 3