Re: show chair duties

This is of concern to me:

 Region 17 does not require that
you have a judge as a show chairman but rather that a judge in training
must have been show chair or written a schedule in order to become a
judge.  It is a new requirement in addition to the rest of the training
and tutoring and so on.
***

I wonder if this requirement is something like the Federal/state laws
arrangements ---

According to AIS rules for judges, is it "legal" for a region to require
more of their judges than is called for in the handbook/regulations
where ever they are printed??

I'm more curious than concerned. It seems that if a region were to "require"
more of its judges than another reagion, there would be inequality among
the judges, and aren't we striving for standardizaton??

Has your region tried to make the requirements of your region part of
the judges' training requirements throughout AIS??

Do we need a legal opinion here??? Mike Lowe?? Clarence Mahan???

I think these are reasonable requirements for many many reasons. One drawback
would be that each show chair and writer of show schedule would be new each
year, learning the ropes and inventing the wheel all over again....

But the chairmanship would circulate and that would be a good thing.

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY -- wondering aloud --->