Re: off topic

In a message dated 96-11-14 12:22:00 EST, Ellen wrote:

<< >         (how much is AOL again? - desperate people do desperate things)
John (?) answered:

 They are converting to a flat rate of $19.95 per month, unlimited
 connect time.  >>

Ellen, there is also a bargain rate of $9.95 per month which gives you 5
hours of time.  If you don't do a lot of net-surfing, and don't mind checking
in to the list only one or twice a day to "flash send" and "flash download"
messages, this is a good economical way to go.  You do lose the immediacy of
communication with the "flash" methods, but it is efficient--and gives you a
little more time to think about your reply before sending it!

Also, contrary to what a lot of folks have experienced, I'm pretty satisfied
with AOL's performance.  There are some quirks occasionally here, but on the
whole, it has been reliable for me.  I also appreciate the fact that they
attempt to intercept "junk e-mail"--not much gets through.

Dorothy Fingerhood
Newfield, NY