Re: Open to the public

Chad Schroter wrote:

>         (For Rick Tasco at Superstition) I have inlaws in Turlock which is not
> far from your garden. Are you open to the public during the bloom season ?
>         Chad Schroter in Los Gatos (south SF bay)

Yes, we ARE open to the public during bloom season; we're usually open
from April 1 through May 15 or so.  We passed through Turlock yesterday
as a matter of fact; it's about 50 miles from us.  Thanks for your

As for that area that you've had iris in for some time and growth is
poor--why not try solarizing?  I'm a big proponent of that--it kills
almost all weed and grass seeds plus most harmful bacteria, etc. in the
soil.  It's not difficult to do in our climate and I can vouch for it
100%.  This past year I did the whole area that I transplanted to this

Rick Tasco