To die or not to die - Frosted Starlight TB

20 years ago I bought a very pale blue Iris which bloomed prettily
once and then promptly vanished off the face of the earth.  Always
hankered after it and this year bought Frosted Starlight  whose
description seem to match my memory of it.  It produced one
bloomstalk with several buds and very few leaves.  I cut the
bloomstalk off as close to the rhizome as possible and enjoyed the
flowers inside.  However,  the rhizome looks OK but there is half a
leaf left only.   Would anyone suggest flinging a bit of bone meal
down or I saw alfalfa in our latest health shop being sold in little
sachets rather like a grain  for human consumption  would that be any
good?  Any advice very welcome

Sally in South Africa

Sally Guye
email zosg@warthog.ru.ac.za