Re: Labels -(again),cutting metal markers

 >Or how about using those pencils suggested by Anne Savannah?
>Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
>Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

I'd better clarify the 'pencils' part of Diana's message, they are actually
paint markers or as I call them paint pens. The stuff that comes out never
comes off what you put it on unless you scrape it of with a razor blade. I
am looking out one of them right now and on the side it says Xylene Free
whatever that means, the liquid inside is quite smelly, although the one in
from of me is quite dead because I probably left it out in the sun last year!!

I think I might have mentioned in my post, long ago and now lost, that I
used a soft 3B pencil made by Staedler  (drafting or drawing product) for
writing on anodized(sp?) aluminum labels, works very well, also never comes
off, but gets smudged if handled a lot, works ok on some plastic labels and
it can be erased with a rubber. The paint pen is really the best for plastic

 When I had to get a 4'x8' sheet of aluminum cut into plant sized markers, I
had a sheet metal place do it. For the little extra it cost me I ended up
with perfect pieces and best of all no blisters!

hope this helps

A Calgary Moment: Starbucks is Here!! so much coffee so little time...

Anne Savannah,   savannah@cadvision.com
DeWinton AB,  zone3b  min temp -40F/C