Re: SIGNA seed exchange

Re:  growing and blooming IRID's grown from SIGNA seeds?

>SHER!!  I put my seeds in the refrigerator where they dried out.  I'm afraid
>to touch them! but they are there, not rotted. Would they germinate if
>I put them in wet medium in plastic bags later on in the near-spring??
>
>And-- Should I treat species seeds "collected near Van Lake, Turkey" through
>the cold treatment??

My luck in germinating seeds is just that...LUCK.  I usually don't
refrigerate any of the seeds of Cape Bulbs.  Would love advice from someone
who knows how things should be germinated.
In my inside sunspace, I have grown and bloomed Aristea eckionii (SIGNA
93Z381).  It had wonderful blue flowers 3/18-4/20/96.  I had lovely delicate
light green/cream blooms on Gladiolus tristis (SIGNA 93Z396).  My Ferraria
crispa (SIGNA 94Z258) looks like it is putting up a first bloomstalk.  I
have a Dietes iridioides, given to me by Helga Andrews who grew it from
SIGNA seeds) that bloomed last spring with white blossoms w/ blue to violet
styles.
Also blooming this year was Belamcanda chinensis (SIGNA 94Z244), outside.

Really a beginner in this!!!
Kathy Marble
Harvard, MA
zone 5