Re: Birthday Boy and iris report

  • To: iris-l@Rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Birthday Boy and iris report
  • From: Tom Tadfor Little <telp@Rt66.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:21:24 -0700

Clarence sung me happy birthday and asked if this means I'm no longer
a youth member; then Sharon Ruck asked

:does this mean he gets senior citizen discounts?  Or is he still in the
:nether zone of not junior, not senior?

It really seems I should get one discount or the other. I've been
ready to retire since before I left college, and I've got some gray
hairs to help make the case, but no one takes it seriously.  ;)

:
:Good irising and wish I were there to enjoy the turn of season to a real
:fall and winter of Northern New Mexico.

Fall is my favorite time of year. The weather so far has been decent
here, not severe but cold enough to let the irises know it's time to
settle in and get some rest. I was a little worried about mine, because
I moved them to their new home in mid-September, which is a little late
in this part of the world. But they all seem to have rooted in well
before the cold came.
:
:Where DOES the time go????

Hey, don't look at me. I just went from junior to senior in one day.
:
:Looking at seed, rose, perennial and general garden catalogs (wasting
:time...)

I wish I had some seed catalogs to look at. They haven't caught up with
my move yet, it seems.
:
:Happy birthday Tom and thanks for the list.

Thanks and you're welcome. Perhaps it's being list owner that has
aged me prematurely.  ;)

Happy irising, Tom.

Tom Tadfor Little                  telp@Rt66.com
Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA)