New Member Intro

Hi--

I just signed up a few days ago and here's a brief bio.  My name is Rick
Tasco and I live in Cathey's Valley, CA.  In the Central Sierra Nevada
foothills, 45 Mi from one of the entrances to Yosemite Natl Pk.
Closest Central Valley town is Merced, about 25 miles East.  Our
elevation here is about 1,300 ft and our climate is somewhat mild.
Summers are hot and dry; usually mid-90s but NO humidity.  Winters are
snow-free, usual highs in the low-mid 50s and nights in the 30s.  We
usually get 20 to 30 frosty nights during the winter, mostly during Jan
and Feb.  Our coldest winter night is usually 25 or 26 degrees.  Our
rain comes from October through May (averages 20"); NO RAIN from May
through October.

I am owner of Superstition Iris Gardens and am a hybridizer.  My first
intro was RUFFLED GODDESS in 1993.  I've put out only a few since, but
am working on many nice seedlings for the future.

I've lived previously and raised iris in Virginia for 10 years or so
(and YES I knew Clarence M while there); then moved to Arizona for 5
years and started Superstition Iris Gardens there in 1987; and have
spent the last 6 years here in beautiful Cathey's Valley.

That's a brief intro; I'm glad I found this site and look forward to
meeting a lot of you through this fine service.

Rick Tasco
2536 Old Highway
Cathey's Valley, CA 95306
phone 209-966-6277