Re: Labels

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Nancy Kraus wrote:

> In a discussion on the iris-l earlier, someone suggested that you use
> aluminum mini blinds cut up for plant stakes.  I called a local blind

	On thing happened to my `mini-blind' markers last week so
	you might want to be sure they are longish and way down in the
	soil....we had very cold weather and then it became Spring again
	with 70 degrees F and the markers started heaving.

	The ones that I had made very long stayed put...I'm going to
	try to replace the shortish ones if we ever have another thaw.

	I am thinking of Spring (which means May here) and seeing mini-
	blind markers all over the property.....I am going to double-check
	my map of the gardens...much more important than the markers to
	me.

	Cheers,

	Ellen Gallagher e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Lancaster, NH, USA
		USDA Zone 3a - snow-bound but at least I am not alone
		now with the storms other places :-)