Re: Species iris.

Carolyn, you asked about speakers on species.  We in Region 21 had
Bob Pries from St. Louis a couple years ago, and his presentations
were a great success.  He was so knowledgeable, informative,
pleasant, and any other good adjectives you want to add.  People in
our local club still talk about him and his sessions--we happened to
be the host club, so most of our members were attending at least some
of the time.  He had hosts of slides, great handouts (I refer to them
every once in a while, even though I don't grow many species) and
for the first time ever, many of us who were ignorant were
introduced to the world of species iris.  Since then many of us have
begun to grow species of one kind or another, and even if we don't
grow them we have become interested.  I can't recommend Bob too
highly.   He did a terrific job.

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa  Zone 4