Re: Lake Iris

<< In looking up the so-called Lake Iris I believe this _ rare_  plant to be
the I.
 Liacustris a subspecies of the crested iris Evansia.

 I plan to  be in  touch with this person as soon as posssible and keep those
on
 Iris-L posted if at all interested ..

 Larry D. >>

I. lacustris, which occurs in moist sand, gravel and limestone crevices in
the Great Lakes area is one of the most delicate appearing of species native
to the U.S.  It is like a miniature I. cristata, and very charming.  It has
not made its way into very many gardens, and seems to be a bit tempermental
when moved from its native habitat.  I tried it from seed a couple of times
but didn't have success.  Please do keep us posted on this.  Clarence Mahan
 in VA