Re: Labels

Kay Cangemi wrote:

>This year for labels we used a Brother P-touch to make a sticky label which
>was then stuck on one of those large wooden popcicle stick labels.
>Everybody really liked the end result, however, the wooden labels did an
>excellent job of rotting. I went through the archives to see what other
>people have tried, and found references to *aluminum* popcicle stick
>lables. Does anybody have a source for these? I guess the wooden ones we're
>currently using are about 1" by 8" by 3/8", and I'd like to find the same
>size in aluminum.

We used Brother P-touch for the lettering for labels at MASS Medley
(Siberian and Species convention) and were very happy with it.  The P-touch
was applied to a label which we made out of 1) vinyl covered clothesline
wire which we bought at Home Depot and formed into a kinda' letter T (with
one side of the top doubled) and 2) a rectangle made from aluminum roof
flashing.  The rectangle had a hole punched in each end and was threaded
into the top part of the "T", then the open end was bent to keep the
rectangle in place.  The labels were quite inexpensive to make.  Maybe I can
draw the "T".

                 .
           .
           .
           .
           .
           .
           .
           .

This design could be adapted in size, etc.  Or you could try finding a
heavier weight aluminum and cut simple labels.

Kathy Marble
Harvard, MA
zone 5